<-- side bar navigation menu
~ Cottage Listings
Welcome to your Ontario Cottage Portal a source for Vacation Properties!
When it was time to plan your family houseboat vacation here is the criteria that might help you decide on a houseboat rental and even if you are searching for a marina to sell or service your boat. Hope this helps with your decision! We have found the Internet to have sites that are a little misleading and you need to ask the right questions to get what you are looking for and believe you are ordering.
Some questions that may help you choose the right company for your vacation.
1. Are they professional, is their web site clean, comprehensive and easy to navigate, an indicator of how organized or not they might be?
2. Do they list numerous testimonials from satisfied clients?
3. Do they advertise other businesses ones that are also vacation oriented?
4. Do they have printed colour brochures, videos or other demonstration tools?
5. Do they have a photo gallery of the region's tourist attractions and their boats?
6. Is their web site well organized and easy to find what you need?
7. Do they have sufficient boats available or simply talk the talk?
8. Do they offer multiple means of contact, email, 800 number, address and map?
9. On your initial contact do you get a good first impression of the company?
10. Is the information given factual or meant to mislead?
11. Do they warn you about areas that should be avoided, like deep lakes during turbulent weather?
12. Do they offer free training before you set out?
Need a larger boat, we recommend renting two smaller houseboats. Flexibility and ease of use are achieved when one group wants to say, play golf and the other wishes to go sight seeing or shopping. The smaller boats are easier to maneuver, two can give equal or more space and allows for one houseboat to be used as a social platform while the other may be used for those who need to get their rest early. Just makes more sense and may even be more economical.
SPECIFIC to HOUSEBOAT RENTALS
You've chosen the company from whom you wish to rent your summer houseboat and have made your reservation. Most companies have a check list of what you should bring and here we may have duplicated that effort but check twice and have a great house boating vacation.
Important Items to ensure no legal hang ups:
Your confirmation paperwork and photo ID of anyone that will be operating the rentals
First Aid Kit
Fitted life jackets for all but especially small children
Sunscreen, Bug spray, Hats. Sunglasses, Towels, Fishing license if required or arrange to secure one, Playing cards, Games, Movies, Lamps or flashlights, Binoculars, Camera, Books, A good supply of batteries and more.
Food Preparation Items:
Meal planning should be done well in advance and is the task requiring a lot of time and easy to mess up. (remember all the spices and extras)
Lots of Paper plates and utensils (approximately 20 each per person)
Sealable containers or ziploc bags
Paper towels, Dish Towels, Bottled water
Other things you may want or need to bring from home:
Bed linens, bath towels, Barbecue utensils
- Ontario Cottages welcomes you to this site! If you are looking for a cottage to rent, buy or sell in Ontario this is the right spot. Simply click on the top buttons for the listings complete with a search feature, mostly private listings by cottage owners or cottage resorts. The upper right banner represents advertisers, private cottages, resorts, cottage related activities like houseboat rentals and on occasion a real estate agent or agency finds it's way here.
- RENT or BUY a private Ontario Cottage or vacation property, Click Here to Search Ontario Cottages Search!
- Post your Ontario Cottage or vacation property for rent or sale,
Click Here to List your property.
- Attractions, right column, will lead you to activities, events, and points of interest that selected areas offer vacationers within Ontario Cottage Country.
- Pricing for Cottage and Resort Owners: advertise on Ontario Cottages by selecting the Pricing to see the details and rates for the listing service or for banner advertising Click Here
The Trent Severn Waterway resources: TTSW.ca: TTSW MAP - KM from any lock to any Lock - Details for all Locks - How Lock #21 works.